HUD, Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity: http://hud.gov/fairhousing
Fair Housing Assistance Program / Fair Housing Initiative Program Agencies
FHAP & FHIP Agencies List : /resources/agencies
FHAP & FHIP Agencies Map : /resources/agency-map
HUD Offices List : /resources/hudoffices
- HUD Regional Offices: http://www.huduser.org/portal/regions/Regional.html
- Fair Housing Laws and Presidential Executive Orders: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/FHLaws
- HUD User: http://www.huduser.org/portal/home.html
- HUD FHEO Library: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/library
- Equal Housing Opportunity Graphics for Printing: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/library/bookshelf11/hudgraphics/fheologo
- HUD Mailing Lists: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/subscribe/mailinglist
- Community Assessment Reporting Tool (CART): https://egis.hud.gov/cart/
- Housing Counseling: https://www.hudexchange.info/programs/housing-counseling/
- Limited English Proficiency (LEP) FAQs: https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/promotingfh/lep-faq
- YouTube HUD Channel: https://m.youtube.com/user/HUDchannel/videos?query=Fair+Housing
- Fair Housing Accessibility First – http://www.fairhousingfirst.org/
- Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Housing and Civil Enforcement Section – https://www.justice.gov/crt/housing-and-civil-enforcement-section
- Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Fair Lending Program – https://www.justice.gov/crt/fair-lending-program-0
- National Fair Housing Alliance – http://www.nationalfairhousing.org/
- National Fair Housing Advocate Online – http://www.fairhousing.com/
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – http://www.consumerfinance.gov/
- National Association of Human Rights Workers – http://www.nahrw.org/
- International Association of Official Human Rights Agencies – http://www.iaohra.org/
- National Community Reinvestment Coalition – http://www.ncrc.org/
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council, https://www.ffiec.gov/hmda/
- Find a Housing Counselor, https://www.consumerfinance.gov/find-a-housing-counselor/
- Poverty & Race Research Action Council, Fifty Years of “The People v. HUD”: A HUD 50th Anniversary Timeline of Significant Civil Rights Lawsuits and HUD Fair Housing Advances, http://www.prrac.org/pdf/HUD50th-CivilRightsTimeline.pdf
FAIR HOUSING LAWS AND EXECUTIVE ORDERS
Fair Housing Act [Public Law 90-284; 42 U.S.C. 3601—3619]: http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/hce/title8.php
Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (Fair Housing Act), as amended, prohibits discrimination in the sale, rental, and financing of dwellings, and in other housing-related transactions, based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, and disability.
Fair Housing Regulations (24 CFR 100 et seq.): https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?rgn=div5&node=24:126.96.36.199.1
Implementation of the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995‒Final Rule (4-2-99): https://www.hud.gov/offices/fheo/library/hopa_final.pdf
Violence Against Women Act of 1994 [Public Law 103-322; 108 Stat. 1796; 42 U.S.C. 14043e-11]:
Title VI, 1964 Civil Rights Act [42 U.S.C Ð 2000d - 2000d-7]: https://www.justice.gov/crt/title-vi-1964-civil-rights-act
Title VI prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance.
Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990: https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/titleII_2010/titleII_2010_regulations.pdf
Title II prohibits discrimination based on disability in programs, services, and activities provided or made available by public entities. HUD enforces Title II when it relates to state and local public housing, housing assistance and housing referrals.
Section 504, Rehabilitation Act of 1973, HUD Regulations [28 CFR 8](-1-16): http://fhic.nfhta.org/media/2389
Section 504 prohibits discrimination based on disability in any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.
Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing - Final Rule (7-16-15): https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2015/07/16/2015-17032/affirmatively-furthering-fair-housing
Pet Ownership for the Elderly and Persons With Disabilities; Final Rule (11-26-08): https://www.hud.gov/offices/fheo/FINALRULE/Pet_Ownership_Final_Rule.pdf
Age Discrimination Act of 1975: https://www.dol.gov/oasam/regs/statutes/age_act.htm
The Age Discrimination Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age in programs or activities receiving federal financial assistance.
Section 109 of Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974: https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/FHLaws/109
Section 109 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or religion in programs and activities receiving financial assistance from HUD's Community Development and Block Grant Program.
Architectural Barriers Act of 1968: https://www.access-board.gov/the-board/laws/architectural-barriers-act-aba
The Architectural Barriers Act requires that buildings and facilities designed, constructed, altered, or leased with certain federal funds after September 1969 must be accessible to and useable by handicapped persons.
Executive Order 11063 prohibits discrimination in the sale, leasing, rental, or other disposition of properties and facilities owned or operated by the federal government or provided with federal funds. (11-20-62) https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/FHLaws/EXO11063
Executive Order 12892, as amended, requires federal agencies to affirmatively further fair housing in their programs and activities, and provides that the Secretary of HUD will be responsible for coordinating the effort. The Order also establishes the President's Fair Housing Council, which will be chaired by the Secretary of HUD. (1-17-94) https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/FHLaws/EXO12892
Executive Order 12898 requires that each federal agency conduct its program, policies, and activities that substantially affect human health or the environment in a manner that does not exclude persons based on race, color, or national origin. (2-16-94) http://fhic.nfhta.org/media/2398
Executive Order 13166 eliminates, to the extent possible, limited English proficiency as a barrier to full and meaningful participation by beneficiaries in all federally-assisted and federally conducted programs and activities. (8-11-00) http://fhic.nfhta.org/media/2399
Executive Order 13217 requires federal agencies to evaluate their policies and programs to determine if any can be revised or modified to improve the availability of community-based living arrangements for persons with disabilities. (6-18-01) http://fhic.nfhta.org/media/2391